Tuesday, October 14, 2008

SUNSHINE!!

DEAR PARENTS,






This week we are studying the SUN!!! I expect this to be a fun unit for your child! There is so much to learn about the sun and not much time to discuss it all, so I might need a little help from you. Learning about the sun is part of our TEKS, so remember by assisting your child online your are preparing them for the TAKS Test! I am going to post a few websites that I hope will help your child learn about the sun.Have Fun!
  • Who dosen't love NASA! The first website is NASA Science for Kids! It is an extremely informational website, and will definantly require your assistance. Although this website is for kids it has some big words. It has great pictures as well as links to different NASA sattelites that view the sun! Which is totally cool if you ask me!

  • How Stuff Works is a great place to find fun activities about the sun. There are fun recipes, solar pictures, and even a way to test sun tan lotion. I wish we had time in class to try all of these fun activities, but we don't! So if you have time at home feel free to do any of these activities with your children.

  • Eye on the Sky is more of a teachers website, but as parents you are all teachers. This website lists all kinds of lesson plans along with activites. Please use these activites to bond with your child! It also gives you as parents a little look into the crazy world of lesson plans

I hope you enjoy learning about the sun with your child!!! As always feel free to leave any questions or comments on my blog!

No comments: