I hope your week is going well! If your child hasn't told you we are starting to learn about EARTHQUAKES! We are learning about how the surface of the earth can be changed by forces such as an earthquake or glaciers. I am really focusing on earthquakes because I want students to understand what a huge effect they have on the earth surface. Though we do not have earthquakes around here, they still play a huge role in our environment. We will be looking at what causes earthquakes, and the before and after of earthquakes. I will leave you with a few websites that are fun and educational and might give your child a little peek of what an earthquake might be like.
- Earthquakes for Kids is a fun and interactive site that would keep any kid busy for hours! It has earthquake facts, pictures, games, puzzles, and even a link to become and EARTHQUAKE SCIENTIST! I love this website and I'm sure you child will too! I hope you and your child enjoy it and learn as much as I did!
- 42 Explore! is a site full of information. It has all kinds of other links on this page for your child to visit! (Don't forget all of my websites are child safe) My favorite part of this site is it give instructions for your child to be an earthquake explorer! How fun is that!
- Weather Wiz Kids is where you will find tons of fun information on earthquakes. It has incredible pictures that show your child exactly what happens when an earthquake occurs! It also has a link to see an animation of a real earthquake.

No comments:
Post a Comment